Urine Pregnancy Testing is offered at the Monroe County Health Department to all female clients requesting the service. Cost is $20.00. Please call 740-472-1677, x. 12 to schedule an appointment.
A pregnancy test would be recommended if you have the following symptoms:
- A missed period
- Nausea and/or vomiting
- Frequent urination
- Swollen and/or tender breasts
- For best results, schedule an appointment in the morning.
- A urine specimen will be obtained at the clinic to determine pregnancy.
- The urine specimen will be collected in a clean, dry container, either plastic or glass, without preservatives.
- Urine pregnancy test results are available within 5 minutes.
- A negative test indicates that the hCG hormone is not present in the urine. If pregnancy is not desired, family planning and use of a birth control method is recommended. If pregnancy is desired, a repeat test is recommended in one month if still no period.
- A positive test indicates pregnancy. Options counseling is available. Early prenatal care is recommended to help assure a healthy pregnancy. Nursing staff will provide information about medical providers; insurance, proper nutrition, including WIC, and health habits during pregnancy.