740-472-1677 ext 8
A FREE TELEPHONE SERVICE THAT HELPS OHIOANS QUIT SMOKING AND USING TOBACCO
How Do I Get Started
Quitting tobacco is a process. Whether you are thinking about quitting, are not yet ready to quit, or have already quit, Ohio Tobacco Quit Line can help you with each step of the way.
The QuitLogix program is a free service available to eligible members 18 years of age and over. When you enroll in the program, you get special tools, a support team of coaches, and research-based information. If you are interested in receiving free nicotine patches you will speak with a Tobacco Cessation Specialist who will ask you a few medical questions and order the patches which are shipped directly to your home. Our expert coaches will talk to you about how to use the patch, prepare for your quit, and overcoming initial barriers.
How do I enroll in the QuitLogix Program?
Call 1-800-QUIT-NOW and speak with an Ohio Quits Intake Specialist who will recommend to you, based on your responses to a variety of questions, which quit tobacco program is suited for you.
How do I enroll in both the online and telephone program?
We're here 7 days a week/24 hours a day.
If you call when we are helping others, just leave a message and we will call you back.
DOES IT WORK? YES
Quit Line callers are FIVE TIMES more likely to succeed than those who try to quit on their own
QUIT NOW. FEEL THE DIFFERENCE
Improvements in your health begin within minutes of quitting even if you have used tobacco for years
20 MINUTES 2 WEEKS – 3 MONTHS
Blood pressure and pulse rate Circulation improves and lung
decrease. function increases.
8 HOURS 1-9 MONTHS
Carbon monoxide and Coughing, sinus congestion
oxygen levels in blood fatigue and shortness of
return to normal. breath decrease.
1 DAY 1 YEAR
Chance of a heart The likelihood of a heart
attack decreases. attack is cut in half.
Better sense of taste and smell
If you are ready to quit, call
- More Americans have died from smoking than in all the wars the United States has fought.
- Nicotine is a drug that is as addictive as cocaine and heroin
- Cigarette smoke has more than 7,000 chemicals in it
- If you don’t start as a teen, chances are you’ll never smoke
- Nearly half of all smokers who keep smoking will die from tobacco use
- Smokeless tobacco causes cancer of the mouth, tongue, throat, stomach and pancreas
- If they could do it over, 70 percent of young people who smoke say they would not have started
SECONDHAND SMOKE FACTS
- Secondhand smoke is what smokers breathe out
- Secondhand smoke contains cancer-causing chemicals
- Smoke from the end of a cigarette has more toxins than smoke exhaled by the smoker
- Each year, more than 3,000 nonsmokers die from lung cancer caused by secondhand smoke
- Secondhand smoke is especially harmful to children
- Secondhand smoke can make asthma worse
- NO AMOUNT OF SECONDHAND SMOKE IS SAFE