Regular Business Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
118 Home Avenue
Woodsfield, OH 43793
Phone 740-472-1677 Fax 740-472-2508
24/7 Contact Number for Reporting Health Emergencies/Reportable Conditions: 740-213-0909
Board of Health Meetings are the third Wednesday of each month at 2:30 p.m. at the Monroe County Health Department. Public is welcome.
To protect health, prevent disease, and promote wellness in Monroe CountyOur Vision
Healthy people living healthy lives
- Service- Providing quality and compassionate care to the community.
- Health Promotion- Actively promoting the knowledge, attitudes, and behaviors
- that enable our community to reach its healthiest state.
- People Focused- Providing the best public health for those who rely on our leadership and guidance to live happier, healthier lives.
- Collaboration- Fostering partnerships with key community stakeholders to enhance the delivery and effectiveness of public health information and practices.
- Communication- Encouraging open and clear communication within our agency and to the community in a timely, culturally appropriate, and respectful manner.
- Disease Prevention- Actively screening, evaluating and educating our clients through evidence-based prevention strategies to minimize the threat of disease in our community.
Ohio Laws and Rules Established for Local Health Districts can be located in the Ohio Revised Code